Thursday, August 20, 2009

Woo!

Something is paying off!

This morning I had a strength ride on the trainer for the first time in AGES (due to racing, travelling, being sick, recovering...). My buckeye peeps know all about these rides, cos every time I do one I b*tch about the standing intervals.

Today, the ghastly interval was increased again, to 10 minutes. And guess what? I absolutely crushed them! I got bored, but never felt weak or gammy, and my legs and pedal stroke stayed strong. I did have a quick sit part way through the second because sweat was dripping into my eyes and mouth. Ew. Looks like the mandatory-in-Auckland hill training is working!

Anyway, I really need to work on my standing-climbing skillz on the road, so I'm going to make Phil help me practice this weekend.

7 comments:

Aaron said...

Great stuff! Breakthroughs like that are very gratifying.

Sweat in the eyes is something I can relate to. At the risk of sounding a bit gross I find wearing a cap backwards is a good way to absorb and redirect said sweat.

Britt said...

Yay! I love that feeling when you know for sure something you've been doing is actually working. Also sweat in the eyes sucks. big time.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Way to go! Time for an 80s style headband!

Tri Saint said...

You could borrow one off your Husabnd. He he...

Phillip said...

There ain't nothing wrong with my headband, other than it's not lime green.

philippa_moore said...

Fabulous effort! It's wonderful to have a breakthrough like that, when all the hard effort starts paying off! Go you :)

Unknown said...

Cool Kate,
Pick a long hill and try and stay standing the whole way...
People always try and spin up hills too much so they don't develop strength :-)