Monday, May 14, 2007

...thanks :-)

Thanks everyone for your virtual support yesterday. I'm feeling a bit better today- still teetering somewhat on the balance beam, but I'm still standing! Work's not going to stop being busy any time soon, but it feels sort of under control, for now. Plus, on Sunday I booked our vacation to Oz, and today my leave was approved, so I have something to look forward to. Bring on September!

Also, today I started my FIRST programme for the 10k. Did 5x800. Goal pace was 3:23, and I did 3:24, 3:23, 3:18, 3:25 and 3:30. I'll take that- though man it hurt today! I'm home early enough to get myself ready for the gym tomorrow. Bring back biceps!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

While I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time of it, I'm glad you had a great workout to give you a bit of lift, along with the concern of your blogging friends. There's a light at the end of this dark tunnel you're traversing. In the meantime, enjoy the relief and release while you run.

TJ said...

glad things are smoothing out for you.
oz vacation! woohooo!!!!

Wes said...

Remember that old Chinese proverb... Only worry about things over which you have control. Kick some arse, Kate!!

Janet Edwards said...

Great job jumping into a plan!!! The FIRST ones are never easy, but they have been sooo helpful!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like you had a successful workout, monday. Way to go! Stay positive!

Love2Run said...

The 1st plan didn't work for me because I love to run too much and wouldn't take days off. You've got the biking and swimming to keep you busy on the off days, right? Good luck with it.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and I've been there lately too. It eventually calms down ;-)

Steve Stenzel said...

Bring those biceps back! I need to as well!!

Rachel said...

First off, congrats on the marathon! That's awesome. Don't be too tough on yourself about work. I know you'll get through it. I can relate though. I'm not in a happy situation myself. Thank God we have running!

E-Speed said...

I need to hit the gym too. My upper bod is so weak!

Great job at the XC race, that must have been difficult to run fast by yourself.