The easy way out- meme approach...
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? A triathlon. Mountain Biking. Appeared in Court.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't know if I did. If I did, I'm not sure whether I kept them. Next year my resolutions are to train smarter, work harder, be a better friend, stay close to my best sisters, and become fearless
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Colleagues.. But I'm close enough to be thrilled!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? Cook Islands
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Balance, courage.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None come to mind. And if none come to mind, there's none.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Kicking some work butt.
9. What was your biggest failure? Overtraining- saying goodbye to my marathon.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope
11. What was the best thing you bought? My wetsuit. I love my wetsuit. Digital camera. Laptop..
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? P. Absolutely positively P..
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own.
14. Where did most of your money go? Tri-gear, race fees, food.
15.What made you really really really excited? Life. I'm HAPPY
16.What song will forever remind you of 2006? Tricky, Run DMC (2006= the year of 80s singstar...)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? About the same- I was very happy then too! b) thinner or fatter? Sameish c) richer or poorer? Richer. Earn more. Have savings. Have not been entirely frivolous (though not very sensible either)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Socialising
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Internet. Discovery. Crying
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Moving feast, with the famous five (sisters and partners) as constants
21. How will you be spending New Year’s? Margaritas on the beach
22. Did you fall in love in 2006? Yes.
23. How many one-night stands? Zero
24. What were your favorite TV programs? Grey’s Anatomy, House, Boston Legal, Biggest Loser, Vital Signs, Scrubs, DH…
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Umm. No!
26. What was the best book you read? All crap, but I loved 'em!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I still live in the 80s/90s music-wise. I have a new found appreciation for Phil Collins, but struggle to see that as a discovery. I learned how great Les Mis is for long runs!
28. What did you want and get? New BIKE, digital camera, a bonus
29. What did you want and not get? Abs..
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Inconvenient Truth, Thank You for Smoking
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 24. We went mountain biking and had a party at a bar downtown. I can't remember what I did on the actual day. Worked?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A marathon, a plan for 2007/the "future"!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? So 2005.. Boring/sporty casual
34. What kept you sane? Exercise. Family. My honey (NOT in that order)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Andy Potts. Hot!
36. What political issue stirred you the most? I remember being up in arms about something, but what? Climate change, a bit. Anti-smacking legislation.
37. Who did you miss? My mummy. Ben (colleague)
38. Who was the best new person(s) you met? I was glad to meet Katherine, and I think I met Bel this year too. I also "met" my blog reads and readers and they ROCK!
38. Side question…who would I like to get to know better? My baby sister
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Failing and getting back up says more about me than staying successful.
40. Favorite Memory of 2006? Falling in love with P back in January- the trip will always mean so much to me.
This may well be my last post for the year- we'll see! Am taking a paper notebook away with me to record workouts, thoughts etc, so will probably be a post machine when I get back. Til then, merry christmas, my friends! Thanks so much for the last few months of support and for letting me into your training lives. I will be doing the New Years tri so look forward to the first race report of 2007...