Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Home cooked meal- well, home assembled anyway

On Sunday as Phil and I trudged up to the takeaway in Ponsonby with our friends, I thought about how long it has been since I had a home-cooked meal. It had certainly been well over a month since I cooked or assembled anything myself, though in that time I ate at my friend's place three times, her parents' place once, my parents' place once and another friends' once.

The rest of the time, it's been eating out, missing tea, and microwave meals, and I can tell you I'm sick of it! So, last night when my current wonderful hosts were out, I headed to the supermarket to get the fixings for my first home-assembled meal in a long time (it was hot, it was late, I'd been drinking and they were home soon, so actual cooking was a bit much to ask), and then whipped up a very boring chicken and chickpea salad. I probably ended up spending nearly enough on ingredients to pay for two takeaway salads, but even something so simple made me feel a dozen times better.

I really can't wait to move into the apartment, and to start grocery shopping and acting like a grown up again.

No comments: