Thursday, September 30, 2010

Some September Stats

Today when I was entering the stats for my (sweaty and miserable) run into Buckeye, I noticed that it was the 30th of the month. A-ha! I thought- what better time than to check my monthly stats. And so I did:

Swim: 5:45

Bike: 11:00 (including spin)

Run: 19:05


And, because I love the random stats:

Total calories burned: 21,617

Average calories burned: 720

Average daily training time: 1:12

Total number of workouts: 31

Total run distance: the length of an Ironman bike course (112 miles)


As I commented elsewhere, this isn't exactly a mega triathlon training load. I suspect that in a few weeks time, I'll look back and laugh at my paltry 8 hour weeks. But when you put it into the context of this year, it's damned impressive. In May, June and July, I did around 23-25 hours per calendar month, so I've added a good TEN hours this month. And what makes that particularly awesome is that I'm in a heavily run focussed segment of my training, so my hours on the bike have, if anything, been down (getting a 10+ hour week in is much easier if you spend 5+ hours pootling around on a road bike every Sunday....)

With the end of September comes the end of abstention (from DRINK, guys, from DRINK). I've had a few more "tastes" than I should have, so I'm not super proud of my performance, but, quite frankly, complete sobriety is balls, and there's plenty of time for that in the years to come, so instead of having Pisshead October followed by No-Booze November, I've decided to take a more sensible balanced approach to both months, with one night of grog per week. The rest of the time, I'm taking a leaf out of Kath's book- it's mocktails all the way! Time to stock up on soda water and fun flavours.

In summary:

1) Go me!
2) Roll on October!
3) I get to drink WINE tomorrow!
4) 44 days til Karapiro. Holy crap!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Sh!t!!! 44 days!!! eeek!!! You'd better get some long rides in! ;)

Unknown said...

Great work Kate!
An hour plus training a day is a significant amount but it's actually quite hard to get this done in todays busy life.
So yes well done me...
I'm also trying the once a week alcohol thing at the moment... hmmm could be quite a challenge.

Theresa @ActiveEggplant said...

Looks like an impressive month if you ask me! I'm actually trying out the no booze training as well. This is my 2nd week without any - and I'm feeling really good! Not sure I'll make it a whole month, but I have also relied A LOT on mocktails! I can go through about 10 liters of sparkling water in like 3 days!
Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for October training!