Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hotpotato Chip: Week 17

What we ate: Nothing all that noteworthy, as far as I can remember (which I get proves the point).  We made a new rice dish from the Healthy Food Guide- it was called a kedgeree, but we gave it a bit of a paella kick.  Easy, low-maintenance, vege-full and delicious!  It's not often we find something new to add to the rotation, so I guess that was the highlight.  I've been STARVING the last couple of days, and have had to resort to second breakfasts at about 8am... As you'll see below, all that food's gone somewhere!

How we moved: Another messy week- quite a few "bad" days, lots of work, and a bit of a write-off weekend.  Onwards and upwards!
Tuesday- weights
Wednesday- treadmill run; weights
Thursday- rest
Friday- unplanned rest
Saturday- easy swim (30); walk in the bush (45ish)
Sunday- spin (45)
Monday- unplanned rest (sick all day, and went straight to bed when I got home)

Where we went: Does going to Arapuni for a bushwalk count as going "somewhere"?  It was lovely, anyway- and we saw lots of fantails.

What we wore: Ugh.  A bit more poppage on Monday marked the end of wearing normal tights, and the end of most of my tops.  Time for some more shopping.

What we bought/got given: A hammock off trademe.

What changed: Bit more belly growth.
What stayed the same: "Bad" days are still popping up fairly frequently, and just when I least expect it nausea and tiredness will come back to smack me in the face.  Still no movements :(  [no need to edit this]

Exciting moments: Another midwife visit = hearing the baby's heartbeat again (yay!), and getting the form for my 20 week scan... which brings the "to find out or not" dilemma into focus!

And your reward for reading to the end?  My fat + baby belly at 17 weeks.

7 comments:

Lisa @ Bakebikeblog said...

 oh honey - you look AMAZING!!!! It is so wonderful to have a preggy bloggy friend to follow along with....and only 1 week apart!

Shuboxblog@gmail.com said...

ha, mine is definitely fat + baby too at this point!  although i have the mini 12 week version right now :)  i think you're doing great with the workouts -- this is not the time to stress out about unplanned rest!

Elizabeth Hansen said...

Here's hoping for less bad days!

Theresa said...

yay for baby bump pictures! 
I hope you start to have more "good" days than "bad".  And on the bright side? SHOPPING! 

HotpotatoKate said...

It's great :) I reckon we could well be meeting Baby BBB before we meet Chip!

runbakerace said...

You look great and I love the bump pic!  I am hoping to have less bad days but they creep up on ya.  Yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open but today I'm feeling good :)  I have bad days where I have to rest too but I just listen to my body now.  I work out a little longer on the good days so it makes up for a bit, I hope at least.

Katie @ Legally Fit said...

You look fantastic!  Hearing the heartbeat never gets old.  Yay for the 20 week scan- it's so neat!