Monday, January 16, 2012

11 things about me


I'm sitting on the couch trying to find more ways to justify staying on the couch- I'm not particularly tired, just particularly lazy! So I was stoked when I saw that Britt had tagged me- I'm it, which means I have to post!

So, here goes:


Rules:

[01.] You must post the rules.
[02.] Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
[03.] Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
[04.] Tag eleven people and link them on your post
[05.] Let them know you’ve tagged them!
11 things about me:
1. It took me a year or two of cycling to learn to drink on the bike.
2. If I wasn't a triathlete I'd want to be a rower.  Or a cross-fitter.
3. Despite what all the diet books tell me, I firmly believe that some things are just better with a bit of butter.  Scones.  Popcorn. Jam toast. 
4. I'm addicted to Child of Our Time.
5. I am a real old stick in the mud when it comes to music.  I frequently discover a "new" song, only to find out it's 5 years old and horrifically overplayed.  And you will often hear me saying "Oh, is this that song from Glee?"
6. I have no idea at ALL how to garden.  This coupled with my black thumbs is a bad combination.
7. I can read (most) books at least three times.
8. I'm not a pet person.  I don't dislike animals- I quite like them.  But I've never truly loved a pet, and have no burning desire to get one.  This makes me feel like a bad person, but I can assure you I'm nice :)
9. I have wanted to go to Canada since I was about 5 years old.
10. I took Latin throughout all of high school. It comes in handy occasionally in European countries and pub quizzes.  And once I translated a Latin maxim that came up in a legal text without having to check the footnote.
11. I tend to be That Girl who Hogs the Singstar Mic.
 
Britt's questions for me:
1. Do you floss? If not, do you lie to your hygienist about it? Yes (in part thanks to Britt)!  But before I was a good girl, I stretched the truth on occasion.  
2. It’s Friday night. What would you love to be doing? I would love to be out for (quiet) drinks with a group of girlfriends.
3. Favourite movie of all time? The Sound of Music
4. Do you remember your dreams? Maybe once a month, on average
5. What’s the worst pick up line you’ve ever heard? I've never really had one used on me (*shame*).  Always liked "seen any seagulls lately?" "how about a shag?" though!
6. If you won the lottery would you quit your job? Yes.  I thoroughly enjoy my job, but we're about to have a baby, and I would love the financial freedom to stay home for longer.
7. Do you like mitts or gloves better? Gloves.
8. Do you use the library? Yes- I probably read 50+ books a year and buy about 2?
9. Would you rather travel to the future or the past? Future- nothing I'm particularly interested in seeing for real at the moment.
10. How much is too much to spend on a pair of jeans? Shoes? $200 would be my absolute limit for jeans, though I've probably never spent more than $160, and I usually buy the $60 chain store ones.  I'm going to treat "shoes" as normal shoes, not including specialty or sports shoes, or boots.  In that case, I'd also say about $200 as my limit, again with the most I've spent being about $180.  What's "too much" is a tricky one- I try very hard not to judge how people spend their money- but I'd probably start rolling my eyes a little north of the $300 mark.
11. Favourite song of the day? See #5 in my 11 things! My song of the moment is The Carpenters' Top of the World, cos I'm trying to make it my "Baby Theme Tune."  Oh, and I've also been playing "Life's a Happy Song" from the Muppets over and over again.  So much delightfulness!
My questions for you:  
1. Where do you sit when you blog?
2. What's your hot drink of choice?
3. When did you get your driver's licence?
4. Which toiletries are you "brand loyal" in relation to?
5. What accounts for the biggest proportion of your grocery budget?
6. Are there any authors whose books you will automatically buy?  If so, who?
7. Do you still read the paper newspaper?
8. Be honest- do you like McDonalds?
9. Do you prefer crosswords or sudoku? Or do you hate 'em both?
10. What is your least favourite household chore?
11. If I told you my birthday, could you tell me my star sign?

I tag Lucinda, Casie, Liz, Angela and anyone else who wants to play!


5 comments:

Britt said...

Since you want to come to Canada, come visit me! Perhaps you should wait til I have a guest room with a bed - right now you could sleep on the couch :) Appealing, I know.

I laughed out loud at the pickup line :) 

Lisa @ Bakebikeblog said...

Love these Q&As!!! although I am the opposite to you - I am probably the person who is the LEAST likely to hog the sing star!

runbakerace said...

Love this and can't wait to play!!!!  I took Latin for years as well, helps with trying to read Spanish. 

Casie said...

I'm totally going to play, later in the week. Oh and BTW Liz is linked to me...

HotpotatoKate said...

Oops- sorry!