Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Spring- new life, new beginnings

Spring has well and truly arrived and I'm depressed?! I'm not going to let it get me down- this weather is here to be enjoyed. So- operation Happy Kate begins today. I'm not sure what it'll take, or what I can do. Last time I felt like this, I got out of my funk by going to the gym, and taking up running. But this time, running's not the answer- much as I wish it was. So, am going to try to exercise when I feel like it and do what I feel like doing. Biking, swimming, walking, running. I hope that I will be able to enjoy the track/summer season with Harriers, and that I'll be able to build up to the Rotorua Marathon next year. If not, ah well. I'll also hopefully do a standard distance over the summer. It'll be hard to not be a runner, but I will be a runner again (right??).
This week's focus- sleeping and healthy eating. Bed by ten, up to ride the trainer, swim or walk. Real food, less sugar, fewer "whites". No counting, no tracking, no weighing, no guilt. I'm also going to work on improving my work habits. I'm so much happier when I'm working hard and doing well. If my boss isn't going to be around as much, I'm going to need to feel confident in myself even without his encouragement and feedback.

No comments: