Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday mundanity

- Wellington was pretty awesome, though windy.

- Running around the bays after the sun came out on Sunday was fantastically invigorating, if rather depressing in places.

- Elements in Lyall Bay really is fantastic!

- Most random experience? Had to be the bodyguards complete with squiggly earpiece thingies in Floriditas. In FLORIDITAS?! Seriously.

- Simon and Garfunkel tickets are on sale (again) tomorrow. Wish me luck, cross fingers, etc etc!

-This weekend is an Auckland-only, no driving, weekend. Phew!

- Apparently if I can run 6:15ks when aerobic, I should actually be able to pull out a sub-4 marathon and 23:18 5k. Who knows if that's true, but it makes my steady runs a little more bearable.

- We're spending Christmas in Seoul with my baby sister and London with Phil's "Best Man" (and others). WOO!!!

3 comments:

Pip said...

So I take it you didn't run 3 Peaks then? At 6.45am the rain was slamming against our bedroom window and the house was shaking in the wind. H rolled over and muttered something sleepily about me not running in that weather, so I figured he was right, rolled over and went back to sleep again myself. I went out around 3.30 and did just over 10kms at what ended up being a 5.30 pace. Felt pretty good!

Floriditas, one of those places I've been meaning to try and have somehow never made it to.

Kate said...

Nope- after getting up at 5am on Saturday I was keen for a sleep in on Sunday!

Britt said...

Phew, you're fast girl!