Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back on my feet

..for about 25 minutes. I did my first run for a couple of weeks or so yesterday morning- just took it easy and ran a short loop from home. A bit hilly (impossible to avoid here) but it was good. Rode my trainer after that, and found it was much easier with the warm up! Moved my LB weights from this morning to this evening- it was our 1 year anniversary and we went out for breakfast (I was also surprised by a beautiful bunch of flowers at work! Roses, daffodils, tulips and lilies- I'm very very lucky!)

Work is unpredictable at the moment, so we couldn't guarantee time together tonight. Luckily, I finished at about 7, and P and I went to the gym together afterwards. Warmed up on the treadmill as planned- just increasing speed for a mile. Did it in 7:19, which isn't exactly fast, but enjoyed the speed towards the end. I really hope it's coming back to me! Always good working out with P- the time together is good, and I miss my workout buddies!!

So, so far this week has gone to plan. I've resisted the temptation to add workouts, and am even thinking of taking Saturday off so that we can have the day out we planned last week (and so that I can avoid going down the old road again).

On a completely different and fairly random note, I've always liked the way AG divisions are used so much in overseas races. I love that it separates amateurs from elites, and divides people into manageable categories. Even though the races I've done here are small by US standards, I'm usually in F19-35, and usually competing against lots of fast fast women! Today was the first time I'd heard of the Athena/Clydesdale categories, and I think it's awesome! Though I was surprised to see that the qualifying weight is 150lb for an Athena...Seems low to me. Oh well.. Either way, I think it's a neat idea.

Tomorrow morning I'm going for a swim. I've got a big meeting at work, and a good friend and some colleagues are being admitted to the bar, so it'll be a busy day. I'm looking forward to my swim! I really miss the pool...

No comments: