Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm a REAL blogger now!

I've been tagged by Aleks:

1. Find the nearest book.

2. Name the book & the author.
Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss (OK, we get into heated debates about apostrophes. I confess. And we each own a copy, so our shelf boasts too)

3. Turn to page 123.

4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.

Page 123 is on the ellipsis and the semicolon and doesn't quite make 5 sentences, so the sentence I started from actually starts on page 122. The three sentences following number 5 begin with a quote.

"Popotakis had tried a cinema, a dance hall, baccarat and miniature golf; now he had four ping-pong tables. He made good money, for the smart set of Jacksonburg were always hard put to get through the rainy season; the polyglot professional class had made it their rendezvous; even attaches from the legislations and younger members of the Jackson family had come there."

The semicolon has rightly been called "a compliment from the writer to the reader".

5. Tag three more folks.
Ellie
Sar
Shannon

Things are pretty same ol' same ol' here. Had an embarrassing run in with a hose on Tuesday and skinned my knee. Went for a couple of swims that ended up being very perfunctory- Tuesday night I got to the pool late and last night it was sooo busy that my friend and I spent the second half of our workout aqua jogging! We are off for a long bike ride that I am very nervous about soon (I may yet chicken out) and have a sea swim tonight, probably just 1500m. Went for a run with P that was much less awful than my first run back- easily kept within zone except for the big hills, and the little hill that I decided to race. Evening runs are so much easier on the HR!

We have a busy weekend this weekend- a wedding on Sat and my little sister's birthday on Sunday. Must go present shopping! I'm not quite sure where my long run will fit in, but am thinking Sat morning after my sea swim. Blah blah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a real blogger too with a reader from the other side of the world.

Good luck with your long bike run! I envy your ability to get outside to ride right now.

Rachel said...

Seems like you've been busy. I hate crowded gyms and especially crowded pools. Don't worry. They'll all be gone in a month.