First, the exciting first. I hope the title hasn't misled anyone too much- it's not that exciting! But tonight I went to my first Masters swim session (or swim session of any sort) ever! I kept up pretty easily during the free sets, but struggled a lot on the IM sets (and did free instead of fly...) I swallowed a lot of water during the first few sets (IM/free kick w/out board), but didn't have to sit out on any sets or reps. Woo! I had a great time and will definitely go back.
Secondly-I've been tagged by Michele:
1. Describe a memory from your first triathlon ever
Cold, raining and stressful! I did not want to race at all that day. I capsized my bike in T2 and turned the wrong way to go into the swim (reverse order tri). I was hooked.
2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon
Standing with the sun beating down on my wetsuit- not being able to wait to hit that water!
3. What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri?
Dropping my chain, and then 15km later, toppling over when I passed another person who'd dropped theirs.
4. What's the most thrilling thing that's happened to you in a tri?
Does hi-fiving Andy Potts count? Just kidding! Hi-fiving excited little kids at the finish line of New Plymouth (my first "real" sprint) and then collapsing on the grass.
5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?
That I am not very good at swimming or cycling--but that practice makes perfect and doing things I'm not naturally good at is better for me than only doing those things that come easy!
6. What is The Big Goal that you're working towards?
First marathon in 3 months, planning a half-iron for summer 07/08!
I tag Jodi, Wes and Jessica!